Hey Josh- Portland Cement?

Forums Orgoniteplus.net Share your Light Hey Josh- Portland Cement?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Postby Lightning on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Josh   ,

I am still looking into materials which can be used to make Plasterite which won’t fall apart outdoors, and decided to investigate cement, since it is so commonly used to build permanent structures.

Looking into the components of portland cement, I found this:
    “Bricklayer Joseph Aspdin of Leeds, England first made portland cement early in the 19th century by burning powdered limestone and clay in his kitchen stove. By this crude method he laid the foundation for an industry which annually processes literally mountains of limestone, clay, cement rock, and other materials into a powder so fine it will pass through a sieve capable of holding water. Cement is so fine that one pound of cement contains 150 billion grains.
    Portland cement, the basic ingredient of concrete, is a closely controlled chemical combination of calcium, silicon, aluminum, iron and small amounts of other ingredients to which gypsum is added in the final grinding process to regulate the setting time of the concrete. Lime and silica make up about 85% of the mass. Common among the materials used in its manufacture are limestone, shells, and chalk or marl combined with shale, clay, slate or blast furnace slag, silica sand, and iron ore. ”

So Portland has some amount of metal and crystal (silica) already in it. Why can we not add additional crystals, metal and shells- wouldn’t that give it an Orgonite function?

Thoughts on this, Josh or anyone? Thanks…

Namaste,

Linda

Postby josh on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks Linda
    This is good research, as we are more and more working with Plasterite it look like it become stronger as it cure (dry), the reason, we think, is because more and more of the resonant cavities are being created with the departure of the water, I do not think the cement will do that….HOWEVER, looking at the Permastone, a plaster product, that may have great potential, there is a product call plaster cement, that is totally weather proof, that I am looking at seriously and soon will be doing experiment with it, so hold on to your boot straps,we are going somewhere :D :D :D
    As a funny note, about eight years ago I try to make Orgonite with cement, so I place all of my aluminum shavings and crystals in a mold with the cement, and lo and behold in about three hours the whole thing had turned to powder, the cement had totally desintegrated the aluminum……..nothing left :cry: :cry:
    josh

Postby Lightning on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi Josh,

I have attempted to reply to your post here I think this is the 6th time over several days; My computer locks up every time I almost get it finished. I am hurrying now before it does it again.

I think we are looking into the same thing; the plaster cement; wikipedia it and you’ll see :lol:

I want to develop something that is strong enough to use as the load-bearing wall of a structure, rather than just paint. Don’t know why, I just think I ought to do it. Lots of times I find out the ‘why’ later, lol.

Thanks Josh,

Namaste,

Linda

Postby josh on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Here on the English Orgonite site I found this:

http://orgonegifters.aceboard.com/27796 … buster.htm
    This man seem to be experiencing some real stuff, I do not know his formula, I will have to see if he is willing to tell us, I know of my bad experience with cement, but this appear to be positive
    This is a good site, Paul has very good posting, feel free to joint and post there, we are always learning
    Josh

Postby Lightning on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Thank you Josh,

I am checking it out; I am sure the Portland will work, just have to get the details down…

Also checking into Shikkui Lime Plaster and other Lime Plasters.

Thank you again Josh, you are such a breath of fresh air :)

Linda :geek:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.