The Irish Topic

Forums The Irish Topic The Irish Topic The Irish Topic

Viewing 5 posts - 491 through 495 (of 495 total)
  • Author

Crys Shine has collected a LOT of information on this and other techniques on his website (the link is on the right hand side here) or at least it was till I got changed over to the new look FB format, but not sure how easy it is to access it. Yannick shows many interesting techniques in his igloo greenhouse, and the growth in there is fascinating. It does seem to make a big difference having plants all ‘jumbled together’ as would happen in a natural situation.

Murielle Celis and I assembled a ’round tower’ yesterday in the mud, but at least the rain stopped just as we started. We taped together two pieces of pipe, Murielle found the most southerly point in the garden and the best spot to place it. The ground was nice and soft so the whole job didn’t take long. When the pipe was in place we poured in the volcanic rock dust; it took about a bag and a half, leaving me lots to spread over the garden soil; or dig it in.

Murielle had found the perfect rock to put on the top, we are sure it is basalt and has a nice pyramidal shape and the size is just right. It will be interesting to see does it make any difference to the growth in the garden.

I’m still thinking of what Pamela was recommending – that we do some experimenting with Plasterite in relation to electroculture. Waiting for inspiration – anybody ??

Kathryn Rogers

It’s lovely to see you out in nature…good vibes   :P

Here’s some memories from Juliet going back a few years.

We were talking recently about ‘blinging up’ Plasterite and Juliet said she has lost a lot of photos including these ones.

I knew the ultimate record keeper EK aka Crys Shine aka webmaster would have them saved, he found them in about 5 minutes or less. Much appreciated thanks EK and so lovely to look back on your great collection Juliet.

I had a lovely afternoon helping a friend Rachel to make Plasterite Selenite. She only found out about it a couple of months ago, looked up a video, and decided to do it herself. She did well to get everything organised but unfortunately the results were not great, for some reason the pieces did not harden up. Maybe the plaster was old. So she invited me to come along and run through everything.

We started by using Skimcote to make what should be a 20 kilo cone. All went well except the large bucket we were mixing it in sprang a leak so we had to mix quickly, holding the bucket at an angle away from the leak – maybe there was not quite as much mixing time as usual ! She added quite a few crystals, essential oil, Kitchen sink essences, a piece of copper tubing she had in just the right size. She won’t try to unmold it until tomorrow – it seemed to be setting – fingers crossed!

Then we made some smaller pieces with a pretty plaster she bought in a craft shop. It set well and is a nice light coffee colour. Of course we used a lot of intentions during the creation.

It came to my attention that lady Rachel is not on CIA book, smart move Rachel :)

I have to be there but …yes..long story , under fake name of course but …never mind…point is heard from ..someone….you made a somewhat wacky start, like me, so , in short best not to make it complicated that is the main thing, keep it simple, it is worth a new bag of plaster of Paris aka gypsum….that is a must be, not an old one from years ago from the gardenhouse …. mix ratio is on the bag but we usually do one on one, one ration plaster, same ratio water,
      do not make it more complicated, at least not in the start, one can do that later.
      Later….
      Sills have to be build up….step by step…

You will get there, they have a pleasant feeling
      You are like me, want to do ten recipes in one go , that usually does not end well…
      We love all energy junkies
      Shall I say welcome to the tribe.
      Do not doubt yourself that is the task of others  

Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 491 through 495 (of 495 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.