Questions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve made my first couple of batches of orgonite … yay! been busy fixing rough spots, sanding, etc, and will post a pic as soon as I can borrow a camera … a friend has a good supply of fossils that he doesn’t know what to do with … mainly shell fossils, but sea creatures as well …. was wondering if they’d be OK in orgonite (I’m using resin, not plasterite) … and shells in resin? any problems with that?

I’ve made some orgonite and put it into a shell (already gifted), and it had a lovely feel … am also wondering if there’s a quicker way to get the shine back after doing some sanding in patches (& edges), other than sanding up to a high grit …and I know I’ve had tons of other questions, but they come and go …. oh, another one being re metal shavings … have been given a bucket of shavings that are a bit dusty and have bits of dirt from the factory floor in with them … I’ve tried to wash it, but separating one from the other is just not happening easily …. maybe a better question would be whether I can easily get clean shavings, so I don’t have to go through the cleaning process at all!

OK Sacred, here is few words for your questions, In the first days of Orgonite, probably 2000 or 2001, Don Croft (the Orgonite guru) said to get any shavings that you can, dirty or not will not make a difference, he was saying to remove the old cigarette butts from the shaving, but you really did not have to do that if you did not want to, so worry not about the dirt, it may even add something to the mix.

You will make good looking Orgonite if you decide to have a business and sell it, otherwise you do not need to have it all prettied up If you need to make your Orgonite look good, first, it does not need to be a good looking piece to gift in nature, actually the worst it look the better, only if you will have that piece shown in your home or giving it to someone.

So if your Orgonite is rough looking, do as Stephen said “double dip”!!!, make a small batch of resin with nothing in it, and put your piece in it and remove it, or brush it on, it should give you a fine finish As far as shells, put as many as you can in the Orgonite, it creates a good spin

Good luck my dear (check your PM) Josh

thanks, Josh … I’m making some ‘pretties’ for some women customers and friends that are attracted to the pretty crystals, etc …. when I get to the bottom of the tin of resin, I’ll make the work-horses then, as it’s a bit cloudier down the bottom of the tin ….. thanks for the info re the dirt in the metal …. I had thought it couldn’t really hurt, being an ‘organic’ substance itself …… haven’t found any cigarette butts (yet) my first 2 batches were a bit patchy, and needed to be redipped …. a steep learning curve about resin setting times, and needing to get the resin through the metal shavings …. so now I’ve got a whole pile of sanding to do to get the overspill off ….. I quite like sanding things, though! haven’t got any fingerprints at the moment, but they’ll grow back! with the orgonite I’ve got from Stephen in the past, those that have been gifted his pieces have made requests for similar ones from me …. nothing like a bit of pressure for a newbie, eh? I am enjoying myself, though! I’m being creative and helping people … a great combination!

Linda, if you like a little more time to work, use the epoxy instead of the polyester resin, depending on the kind of epoxy you can have one to 4 hours to work with the mixture, also there is no smell, the polyester resin is rather toxic and better done outside, you can do the epoxy inside: no smell. the epoxies come in different mix, you can have one where you mix half and half, some are one to four ratio, many to choose from, I like the half and half, unless it is very warm weather, it will give me couple hours to change the pattern of the crystals if need be…… but the big deal for me is NO SMELL   Josh

Josh, I will ask around for the epoxy you mentioned as I feel that the snippets of seizure activity I’ve been dealing with of late are partially due to the fumes of the resin …. I don’t have a place outside to work, so have been working in the laundry, with as much ventilation as possible .. and I don’t yet have a proper mask for fumes, so have been using a disposable dust mask, which really only takes the edge off the intensity of the smell of the resin, but doesn’t really filter it .. as you can see, I didn’t want to wait any longer to start making orgonite! I will make some phone calls to the suppliers of the fiberglass resin and see if they can steer me in a direction where I can find the slow drying epoxy … thanks! Linda sacred
    • Website

Linda my dear please do not over look the Plasterite, it has a larger range than the Orgonite, much higher vibrations, cost extremely little and is so simple to make, all it take is plaster and beach sand (beach sand is highly charged), it would save you many dollars, no smell, no stickeeeezzzz, no metals, only crystal if you want to broadcast a particular character, otherwise plaster and sand is all you need . :shock: :o

Now if you want to get real fancy, you can do as Sandandsun is doing, and put everything in the plaster that is in your kitchen, I understand she was trying to put hubby in the plaster but he ran away too quickly :lol:

At this time I only make Orgonite if I need to make the small pieces that goes on the back of the cell phone, I still have 10 gallons of epoxy and I not sure when I am going to use them, I know I have to make coasters for my lady, but that will be it for me and the Orgonite, I feel that we have found a stronger medium to work with Well then here you go, stay away from the polyester, you can always give it to someone you do not like,… :evil: :evil: :evil:

…send it to the illuminaties The dust mask you using is doing very little good, it is made for particulates not gaseous fumes, the fumes go clear through it :cry: :cry:

Josh

the plasterite has a beautiful feel to it … very gentle, nurturing … is there a way to make it more durable so it is less likely to chip around the edges? Stephen sent me a piece of plasterite that you just want to stroke, like a pet! after reading that he’d added Nag Champa oil to a plasterite mix, I thought and rubbed my hand over the piece I have with some amber paste I had left on my hand …. it still smells divine! I had thought of plasteriting instead of orgoniting, but I wanted to make some pretty pieces where the crystals could be seen …. I can’t paint like Lady Catherine … and haven’t thought of a way to decorate it, and also protect it …. yet maybe if I rounded the ‘corner’ edges, like the base, it would be less likely to chip … if it was coated with anything, would that change its broadcasting range? I didn’t realise that plasterite didn’t require metal shavings, and wasn’t 100% sure about whether it still needed quartz … so thanks for that clarification! I knew I had lots of questions! :lol: :lol:

Josh and Linda, Thanks for having this conversation on the forum. I have had many of the same questions Linda, including thinking for awhile that I needed a certain percentage of metal in the Plasterite (Now I know that I don’t), and the question of crystal or no crystal, also. Thanks again, please keep talking , Linda
    Lightning

A bit more The pieces that you have seen from Catherine are quite lovely but for the pieces that are going to the school they are not like that, for example I make for her lots of little hearts , basically the size of a TB, small stars, small pyramids, many other things that she will paint with only one or two colors.

One some of them she will glue a crystal on the top, but here is the big thing; it feel stronger after it has being painted One of the larger cone she used a sponge to put the color on it it is very good looking To have to smaller pieces it is so easy to do, you can use the same muffin pans you use for cooking, the same as the TBs, and you wash them and keep on cooking with them, the plaster is not grievous like the resin .

I am going to post some pictures of those pieces we have been giving to schools and other folks, you will see the simplicity and the size as well with the different colors, so hold on Catherine will help me with this most technical endeavor

Try one piece just with sand and plaster, there is such a purity about it Josh

what kind of paint does Catherine use, Josh? does it make the plasterite more durable?

can plasterite be drilled for pendants?

I have to agree re the purity of the plasterite … it has a much finer vibration .. feels very spiritual whereas the orgonite seems to be more of a physical worker, if you know what I mean … even some of the earlier ones that I made (which didn’t have enough metal shavings) still felt they related to the physical dimension, but were/are uplifting and lightening, which also has its place in the world … I’ll post pics, too, when I borrow a camera .. and I’ll ask that person to help me get some plaster and sand … not driving has its drawbacks … but I have learned to have a lot of patience! I learned something yesterday (simple as it may sound) that plasterite and orgonite are different …. I used to understand plasterite as being part of the orgonite, or one of the ‘materials’, but not a different version of the same thing, so to speak … so thanks for that! Josh, another question re what one puts into the mix, whether it be plasterite or orgonite … if the combination of elements transmutes negative energy to positive (simply put), wouldn’t adding things like castor oil, eg, promote its beneficial qualities? not that getting rid of sh*t isn’t beneficial … I was thinking of pipestone … wouldn’t it radiate all the good things? I have also wondered about making personal medicine pieces …. antler, feathers, etc … but part of me doesn’t like to ‘suffocate’ a living being, even though it isn’t alive in the physical sense anymore … this is a new idea/thought that came to me the other day …. I used to have a nickname … the Options Lady … now you know why … think of all the questions I’ve already asked Stephen! and thank you, in advance, for all the guidance you’ve given … and are yet to share … one and all ….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.